Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font Changing By Itself - Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ldiron
2187 Views, 3 Replies

Font Changing By Itself - Problem

We are using Civil 3D and Autocad 2012. One of our machines is havinf a font problem. Text styles are set to simplex, and they change appearance by themselves to Arial., even theough the style is til set to be simplex. This is the first time I've seen this happen and I don't know why it happens. The style command can be used and change the styles to be romans, and the text looks fine. Close Autocad, reopen, open the drawing and the fonts are whacked to Arial, the styles still call for romans. Not every letter either, but most. Change the styles back to simplex font, everything is fine. Close Autocad, reopen, open the drawing and the fonts are whacked again. What causes this, and how do we fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: ldiron

Is this on C3D labels, Mtext, Text, or any annotation entity using that style?

When you open the drawing, review the command line history. Is there any mention of font substitution there?

The Simplex and Romans fonts you mention, are they the SHX type?

What is FONTALT set to?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 4
ldiron
in reply to: rkmcswain

Not on Text or MText, only on labels and multi-leader annotation.

The fonts simplex and romans are .SHX Autocad fonts that came with it. Arial is a truetype Windows font Autocad can use, like everyone else. FONTALT is set to simplex.

We will have to see if it happens again and look at the history for font substitution.

Message 4 of 4
fedmendezjr
in reply to: ldiron

I've encountered this problem on numerous occasions. I noticed the font HandelGotDBol was being replaced. I found this font and installed it which was really easy. I did a search and downloaded the font. Once it was complete I opened it and it was a simple self guided install. After reopening the file the font was no longer switching to Arial.

Opening an AutoCAD 2000 format file.
Substituting [simplex.shx] for [HandelGotDBol].
Regenerating model.
AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.*Cancel*
Command:
Autodesk DWG.  This file is a

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report