Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font appears Clipped on screen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mbails
306 Views, 4 Replies

Font appears Clipped on screen

On some computers on our network the text appears normal, however on others the text appears to be clipped on screen, when printed to paper the text is fine.  Please refer to the attached

I feel there is a settings variable that is different between the computers, but not quite sure where to look for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: mbails

It this MText? Is it part of a block - part of a field? Do the font files on the different computers match?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
mbails
in reply to: AllenJessup

@AllenJessup wrote:

It this MText? Is it part of a block - part of a field? Do the font files on the different computers match?

Allen

It is Mtext, a part of the block, the block has fields but this is not a field within the block,  It is Verdana text which is on all computers.

The text spacing and widths have been modified for each letter individually - for appearance reasons.  I tested just plain text and mtext with the font style and it appears normal.  I have a feeling it has something to do with the widths and spacing, but I wonder why it appears fine in the block on some computers and not others.

Message 4 of 5
AllenJessup

The two reasons I would know of that would cause a difference between the display on different computers would be different video cards/drivers or the Verdana font definition being different on the computers.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
rl_jackson

It is also not wise to adjust the width or spacing on certain windows (TTF) fonts that will cause the issues. Width is generally the culprit. Leave that at 1 and all should display as expected (sort of)

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report