Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOLLOWSURFACEINPV - Pressure Pipe Network

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lilbus36steel
637 Views, 3 Replies

FOLLOWSURFACEINPV - Pressure Pipe Network

Hello,

This is my first post. I search this forum often to answer questions that come up in my office. I am running AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014.

I have created a pressure pipe network for a proposed water main. I have an alignment and a surface. I want the water main (pressure pipe network) to be 5 feet below the gradeline. I typically use the FOLLOWSURFACEINPV command but when I type it in it is telling me Select a valid reference surface to follow. But it won't let me click on the surface to select.

Does anyone know how to "Select a valid refecerence surface to follow" when using the FOLLOWSURFACEINPV command?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Not familiar with the command, but when creating tha pressure network the ribbon offers that input
Message 3 of 4

I am having the same issue!

Message 4 of 4

After finding this post over three times, I figured that I'd try and help.

I have two possible solutions to the "Select a valid reference to follow" message. 

1) Select a pipe in the profile view, right click and select "Edit Pressure Network in Profile..." This will close the command. FOLLOWSURFACEINPV command should now have a valid surface selected.

2) Toolspace Prospector->Pressure Networks->Select network->Pressure Network Properties->Default Object Reference->Surface name. Select the surface to follow.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report