Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOllowing areas define a common area error

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
bridge5659
1212 Views, 9 Replies

FOllowing areas define a common area error

I am trying to calculate the cut/fills for an existing road that is going to be reconstructed.  The depth under the new curb is different than the depth under the pavement.  So, I created two existing surface by dropping the elevations and I created a datum surface from the corridor.  Problem is that I am getting an error that materials define a common area, but when I check my polygon booundries they and corridor, I don't see anything overlapping.  I have tried deleting and redoing the polygon boundry, but that hasn't helped.  I even offset the boundries by .01 so they aren't on top of each other, but that isn't working either.  I attached the drawing and zoomed into the cross section that I am getting the error at.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
tcorey
in reply to: bridge5659

When are you getting that error?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 10
bridge5659
in reply to: tcorey

IF you rebuild the corridor is will h=show up in the event viewer. However, you can also see something is wrong just by looking at the cross section. The cut area under the curb should be solid red and the cut area through the pavement should be hatched.
Message 4 of 10
tcorey

Delete the sample line at 2875.011 and create one at 2875.00

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 10
bridge5659
in reply to: tcorey

Thank you!  That worked.  There were a couple of other stations (29+35, 32+61, 35+50) that were not calculating the cut from EOP to EOP, so I also moved those over and they worked too. Is this a glitch, or am I doing something wrong?

On another note, I was watching one of your you tube tutorial on how to extract boundries from the the corridor feature lines.  I tried doing this with the same file.  I was able to get the EOP polygon, but when I tried to due the BOC have the lines disappeared when I use the join command in PEDIT.  Do you have any ideas on why it would be doing that?

Message 6 of 10
bridge5659

I should also note, that at the other locations I mentioned above...no error came up in the event viewer. I just noticed it in the section view.
Message 7 of 10
tczul

What about my problem.

I have 4 cut areas and 10 surfaces. Changing stations at sample lines doesn't work. 

Do You have solution?

I'm attaching the file. 

Message 8 of 10

norieganimatomasdenilson_0-1661266572283.pngnorieganimatomasdenilson_1-1661266607372.png

muestro la imagen del error. espero me puedan ayudar. muchas gracias

Message 9 of 10

norieganimatomasdenilson_2-1661268465793.png

EL CORREDOR HASTA EL FONDO ES DECIR TODA LA ZANJA Y EL CORREDOR HASTA EL LIMITE SUPERIOR DE LA CAMA DE GRAVA

Message 10 of 10

AADJUNTO EL PLANO CIVIL 3D 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report