Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fly out menus won't collapse back

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
flemingengineering
410 Views, 6 Replies

Fly out menus won't collapse back

Vertically, on the left side of my screen/workspace I have: Tool Space, Layer Properties Manager, and Properties menus. When I click on one of these menus it will expand or "Fly out" toward the center of the screen. Once I am done with the menu and click elsewhere on the screen, I would like for it to collapse back to the left side of my screen. But this only happens about 75% of the time. Then I am left poking around on the screen trying whatever I can think of to get them out of my way. Does anyone know how to get these menus to politely move along so I can have my screen back?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Mack,

Have you got the Auto-Hide button clicked on all of them? I've found that when they get "sticky" and won't collapse, I sometimes have to click once in the drawing and then they retract.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 7

I found the auto-hide but could not tell if it was toggled on or off. Clicked it and the menu collapsed (awesome!) and then it seemed to dissappear from its docked position on left side of screen (not awesome). Got back to work and now it is back in its original docked position (semi-awesome). Now I am reluctant to experiment since I have got to get some stuff out the door this morning and need my menus available.

How do I know if auto-hide is on or off?

Assuming I have had auto-hide set to on, do you have any suggestions (besides clicking around on the screen) to force these menus to collapse out of the way? This is really annoying especially when you're in production mode.

Message 4 of 7

If the Auto-Hide icon looks like this  ahn.png  it's on. If it looks like this  ahf.png  it's off.

Mine stick occasionally too. I just click the icon twice and go back to work. If it's important enough to you. You might try updating the video driver.

Allen

I just noticed you said you had it docked. Do you really mean docked or just positioned at the side of the screen?

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7

Ok, thanks. Auto-hide has been on.

What icon are you referring to that you double click?

I am guessing they are positioned, not docked. I am not familiar with the behavior of these menus. Any suggestions where to read up on them?

Message 6 of 7

The icon to click is the Auto-Hide icon. If the palette is stuck open click once to turn it off and a second time to turn it back on. That will close the palette.

F1 > Search > Tool Palettes. Start with the general tool palette info and move on to those specific ones you use.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

Okay, thank you guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report