AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
cattjake
Message 1 of 2 (138 Views)

Floating Windows and Toolbars Moved on Start Up

138 Views, 1 Replies
02-28-2014 05:16 AM

I have had this issue in the past and it never got entirely resloved and now a coworker is having the same issue.

In general I have my workspace set up with my properties/layers/grading/xref windows on my second screen.

When I exit Civil 3D 2013 and start the program up again my windows (usually) all start in the middle of first screen.

I have tried locking floating toolbars/panels and floating windows with no sucess. I have also tried saving my workspace. When I save my workspace if I choose it again after start up sometimes some of the windows will jump to where I saved them.

In addition to start up, everytime I do a grading command the grading window jumps from my second screen to the middle of my first.

Has anyone delt with this before?

*Expert Elite*
wfberry
Message 2 of 2 (135 Views)

Re: Floating Windows and Toolbars Moved on Start Up

02-28-2014 05:22 AM in reply to: cattjake

I think this may go back to how you Video driver works.  In my case I have my full screen AutoCad on Screen No. 1 and let No. 2 have all the "extras".  They stay put.  The only thing that I have locked is Floating Toolbars/Panels.

Bill

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.