Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flipped UCS issue in C3D 2013 when opening C3D 2012 drawing

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
chierchio
3702 Views, 9 Replies

Flipped UCS issue in C3D 2013 when opening C3D 2012 drawing

I am having a problem with some of my drawings from C3D 2012 in C3D 2013. The UCS is flipped. It is in World USC. Not all of the drawings are having this issue. Has anyone else had this problem?

Flipped UCS

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Sinc
in reply to: chierchio

Haven't experienced this issue, but as a general rule, I avoid using ANY sort of UCS in C3D.  It creates too many bizarre issues, and has proven to be too problematic.  I know some people try to use them, but typically only in paperspace veiwports, not in modelspace.  I'm not a fan of that approach, and just avoid all UCS's in C3D.

Sinc
Message 3 of 10
chierchio
in reply to: Sinc

I actually do not have a UCS - I mis-wrote - it is in World Coordinate System

Message 4 of 10
Sinc

Haven't seen this problem, but have seen something similar when upgrading from 2010 to 2011.  It would cause the view cube to rotate a bit, to some bizarre value.  It could be cleared up by using the GEOGRAPHICLOCATION command, and reseting the angles to zero.  Have no idea why/how this problem got introduced, but that command seemed to fix it.  Maybe your issue is related.

Sinc
Message 5 of 10
chierchio

That did it!

GEOGRAPHICLOCATION - 'Remove the geographic location'

That corrected the WCS problem.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 6 of 10
jmayo-EE

I personally find Cuss's to be an incredible tool that can help with hatching, text labeling, dimensioning, ID drafting and maintaining identical plot alignment through many files.

In our company (site plans and surveys) we have never seen any file corruption or C3D errors from using a UCS with AutoCAD commands. Civil Id commands may create objects where you are not expecting them to be if a UCS is current but that would be expected and the undo command fixes everything. This was exactly the same in OLD. Just a few things drawn in the wrong place if a UCS was set during an OLD command. Every user here have used Cuss's daily in every version of OLD and C3D without anything going wrong.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
rlowry

I ran into the same issue and followed the thread to the "GEOGRAPHICLOCATION" command. 

I noticed that in the dialog box the setting for "up direction" was set to -Z.  When i changed this to +Z, all seemed well again.

I was going nuts.

I feel better now.

Message 8 of 10
ishka

That is a temporary fix. This is an issue the development is aware of and working on fixing it, at least that's what I received from the SR I got with them. As soon as you go to check the drawing settings and hit the ok button, your issue comes back to life.

Message 9 of 10
autoMick

chierchio, thanks for opening this thread and thanks to those who've contributed to the solution. I logged in just now to ask exactly the same question. I was getting the issue at some stage after assigning a coordinate system and inserting a map (or connecting to bing maps). At some time after this I'd look up and see the flipped WCS. An interesting thing with bing maps was that if I manually rotated the WCS to normal, my map would be upside down, but when I zoomed in or out, the WCS would automatically flip over and the map would be right way up again.

Regards

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
Message 10 of 10
mlm430047
in reply to: autoMick

So glad I found this solution.  It fixed my problem also.  This issue causes problems with other objects when it's turned.  It effects your Point Tables.  Drawing them on odd skews so they don't line up with your viewports when using WCS.

Thanks for the solution!

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report