Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Excel

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sasmo12
272 Views, 6 Replies

Finding Excel

- I have an easement table created in Excel that I data linked to my drawing set. Everything worked great. Data entry into xecel and then the drawings were updated with the new/revised data.

- I have since installed the C3D 2011 version on my computer. I have not opened the drawing in 2011, only 2010.

- Now when I open the drawing and click to update the data links, it tells me that excel is no longer installed. Then I tell it to open the data source and it does ... in Excel. What gives?

Any ideas on why it is half broken?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dperde
in reply to: sasmo12

When you installed 2011 C3D, the Excel plugin for C3D 2011 was also installed. Now you have 2 plugins (2010 and 2011) and the 2010 C3D does not know what to do at this point. You have to look for the config file for 2011 and temporary give it another extension (i.e. ".old"). Restart C3d 2010 and it should work.
Message 3 of 7
albecamaro

Hi Sasmo12,

I'm working on a drawing with several text blocks extracted from excel and I wanted to know
how the link was created and how to automatically update the drawing with new data from the excel source.

Would appreciate it greatly if you could give me the procedure on how to do this.

Thanks
Message 4 of 7
sasmo12

Thanks. That will help with the remaining office PCs. For mine I have already uninstalled Excel and reinstalled it. That also fixed it.
Message 5 of 7
sasmo12

For my situation, I created named ranges in the Excel spreadsheet. Then I created a table with in Autocad and told it to use an Excel datalink for the table data. Anytime the Excel file is opened and saved, Autocad automatically notifies me it has changed and gives me the option to update the data.
Message 6 of 7
albecamaro

Thanks Sasmo.

I have another question.
What is the best way to model the surface of the floodplain or water level in a stream.
I tried using corridor with assembly-LinkSlopeToSurface @ 0% slope, however, in some areas the corridor pick point miles away from the stream.
Is my approach ok?
How could I restrict the corridor of doing this?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hi albecamaro,

Since this question is totally unrelated to the initial topic you may
miss out on many readers who can help you.

Start a new topic with a header like "Modelling flood plains" and repeat
your query.

Regards,

Laurie Comerford

albecamaro wrote:
> Thanks Sasmo.
>
> I have another question.
> What is the best way to model the surface of the floodplain or water level in a stream.
> I tried using corridor with assembly-LinkSlopeToSurface @ 0% slope, however, in some areas the corridor pick point miles away from the stream.
> Is my approach ok?
> How could I restrict the corridor of doing this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report