Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Hatch area excluding multiple islands

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kmedeiros1
1339 Views, 4 Replies

Find Hatch area excluding multiple islands

I have a very large parking lot with multiple islands, with different shapes.  I need to calculate impervious area.  How can I use my hatch to find the area for me, instead of adding up all individual islands and subtracting them from the total area?  Is this possible? Thanks

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
doni49
in reply to: kmedeiros1

Here's a sample dwg (created in 2012) for you.

Area command>O option (Object) then select your hatch object.

Areas.png

AreaByHatch.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 5
kmedeiros1
in reply to: doni49

Thanks, I'm running 2010 and it's not working, maybe its cause of my older version.  It says "object does not have an area".

Message 4 of 5
doni49

Sorry but I don't have access to 2010 to test it for you and honestly don't know how long this ability has been there.

When you attempt to use the area command, do you see "Add/Subtract" as options?

That could be useful.  You ADD the outer boundary and then SUBTRACT (select) all of the islands.  It will do the math for you.

P.S. Again, I don't know what version this started in -- hopefully it was available in 2010.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 5
kmedeiros1

check that I am running it in 2009, but found it works, you have to make sure you have boundaries around the islands. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report