Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filleting Pipe intersections?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
HPGarcia70
265 Views, 1 Reply

Filleting Pipe intersections?

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently working on a project where the engineers want to show radius at the elbows (2.5 x the pipe diameter). Can this be done for pipe networks? 

Thanks

HP Garcia

C3D 2014
Ver:108.0.4, SP2
i7 3.40 GHz
32 G Ram
NVidia Quadro 200
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: HPGarcia70

Yes but it is not easy.

You can create structure parts to mimic the elbow but this is advanced and we all know the part builder is not that easy to use.

I advise considering a block which details this in plan/section/ profile instead. You could also create a 3d object to display this in the model again as a block.

You would do this using the style but may have to play with the pipe connection location in 3d to get it to look correct.

If you search for part builder on the web you'll find some tutorials detailing how to create a part in partbuilder.

http://c3dcougar.typepad.com/fierce/work-flow-for-junction-structures-au-2010/page/2/

M

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report