Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File created by a newer version of Civil3D

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
bjones9975
725 Views, 12 Replies

File created by a newer version of Civil3D

When opening a drawing the I created in Civil3D 2007 with 2008 I get "this drawing file was created with a newer version of Civil3D".

Ummmm Unless I'm going crazy, I thought that 2008 was the latest and greatest.

Any ideas?
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
nzeeben
in reply to: bjones9975

Would it be possible for me to take a look at the drawing file in question.

Nick Zeeben

first.lastname @autodesk.com

Thanks
Message 3 of 13
bjones9975

I emailed it over to you Nick. Thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 13
mwright

Nick did you have any luck fixing the issue? I have ran into this issue in 3 differenent files (2 in 08 and 1 in 07). One of the files i was able to fix by seleecting an orphaned object thru the quick select. i forget what the object was called exactly, something ARX Object i think. I selected it thru the quick select and then used the erase command to delete it and the problem was solved.

I have another drawing that a user is complaining he gets this issue, but I dont see it on my end and cant fix it.

Matt Wright
Pacificad Inc.
Message 5 of 13
mwright

ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY is the object name.

As i understand it, this object is an orphaned object from a table or something else that got deleted and some scrap was left over that isnt getting interpreted correctly.

Good Luck, let me know if you find any other solution to this issue. I still have 2 drawings i cant fix it in.

Matt Wright
Pacificad
mwright@pacificad.com
Message 6 of 13
bjones9975

You're absolutely right. It was an orphaned table object that got put into a proxy state that was screwing my drawing up. Nick was able to go in and fix the file thankfully.
Message 7 of 13
danishka

Try to send it to me and I will try to fix it for you. I just fixed one of my drawings, and I guess I might try to fix any of those 2. So if you need help let me know

Istvan Voiculescu
IT & Cad Technician
Northern Engineering & Consulting, Inc
Bemidji, MN, 56601
Tel: 218-444-4860 / 108
e-mail: istvan@neci-bji.com
Message 8 of 13
nzeeben

Matt,

Please submit the file to Product support and they will be able to get the problem corrected.
Thanks
Nick
Message 9 of 13
mwright

they have had it for 3 weeks....the issue was machine related, only 3 machines at the end users office got this error when opening up 2 drawings...but i didnt get the issues on any of my machines...

Fortunately the issue resolved itself at the users office this past week. So as of today all 10 times i have seen this issue it has been resolved.

Thanks for trying Nick.
Message 10 of 13
velenjani

I am getting this error msge when loading Civil 3d. What could it be?
Message 11 of 13
bjones9975

It's a bug that will hopefully be fixed when SP1 comes out. otherwise I'd say send the file to customer support and see if they can fix it for you.
Message 12 of 13

There's a fix posted in this Discussion Group, just don't remember where it is. I think it was a purge of an AUDIT_BLOCK or something similar.

Christopher
http://civil-3d.blogspot.com/
Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 13 of 13
mwright

quick select an ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY

then use the erase command to delete it.

save the dwg and reopen.

problem solved.

YAY!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report