Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Figures

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ksmart1975
203 Views, 5 Replies

Figures

Ok, I am new to using Civil for importing our survey data. We used LDD on an old laptop until the laptop crashed. So, with that crash, we decided to update our import process to Civil. I've got through the portion of creating point styles for our numerous blocks (HP, MH, CB, IB, etc.) and, using description key sets, our points now come in with the appropriate block instead of the standard "x".

What I am trying to figure out now is figures. I want to create a something that I can save to our template so that when we import a survey, and the figures automatically connect our CL shots, that the CL figure would be drawn on the correct layer with the correct linetype. Basically, can I get this to work like the description key sets where it automatically recognizes based on the point number?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: ksmart1975

Yes, Civil 3D does this using a Figure Prefix Database which works in conjuction with a Linework Code Set.

If your new to this concept, working through the Survey Setup Tutorials can help to become familar with the process.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
ksmart1975
in reply to: Jay_B

OK, I am getting frustrated with the tutorials. I already knew how to create a network, and yada yada yada. I have Linework Code Sets created (only did three for now, as a test). I didn't see anywhere in the tutorial how to set up the linework code sets and the figure prefix to work with the imported survey data.

Is there a video step-by-step on how to do this?

Message 4 of 6
wfberry

Google is your friend.  Try it.

Bill

Message 5 of 6
ksmart1975
in reply to: wfberry

Is that what this discussion board is for? To get help from "Expert Elite" AutoCAD users. I don't need advice to check Google, thanks though.

Message 6 of 6
EJMartinez

Try this link to a video of setting up line work code settings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I-9TfwTMoU

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report