Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Figure Stepped Offset.. an easier way?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
REGifford
258 Views, 2 Replies

Figure Stepped Offset.. an easier way?

My question seemed simple enough but we have not been able to find an answer yet, so maybe someone here can help us out.

We are currently running Civil 3D 2007, with 08 on the way. We have a field crew located top back of curb. When we bring in the fieldbook file is it possible to have a figure line created along the back of curb (this we get) BUT to automate the stepped offset command to "build" the gutter line and edge of pavement based on design standards? (IE. Gutterline = 0.5' offset with -0.5 vertical and Edge of Pavement = 2' offset with -0.4 vertical change) I have tried working with Corridors and Assemblies, but I may be doing something wrong. I know some other programs will do this (Terramodel, Carlson).
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
athurber
in reply to: REGifford

I have the same question. I have tried "format" in "Description Key Sets" { $ H+ .5 H+.01 V-.5 H+ 2 V+ .08 }but it does not work. This will work when pasted in FKB after code and brought into drawing. {H+ .5 H+.01 V-.5 H+ 2 V+ .08}. Lines offset great in Civil 3D

Message 3 of 3
mathewkol
in reply to: REGifford

This is best done by the surveyor. When they're shooting the first gutter point the code would be:
GL H0.5 V-0.5 H2.0 V0.4
Then shoot the gutter using only GL as the code.
When you're done with the gutter the code is GL SO (stop offsets).
This will give:
One line to the right at .5 feet right and .d feet lower
One line to the right at 2 feet right and .4 feet higher.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report