Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Figure Prefix Database Issue?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
615 Views, 7 Replies

Figure Prefix Database Issue?

All,

I am trying to work on my figure database and have run into an issue I don't understand. Curious as to weather or not it's something I am doing, or just a bug.

I wanted to look at every possible line that could be imported so I created a dummy point file using the Figure prefix data base and imported it into one of my blank templates and ran into to curious issues.

Issue 1

CP is connecting to AA

8-25-2013 11-33-24 AM.png

Issue 2

OC only connects if the point has an identifier behind the OC, for example OC01.

Any Ideas?

Here is a copy of the figure database and point file I am using. I understand you will not have my layers, but the connectivity should be the same. Let me know if you need anything else.

Figure Prefix Database

https://www.dropbox.com/s/unsfjq9hpsoakko/Fig%20PreFix%20Data%202013.fdb_xdef

Point File

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eoaqd7eicpl9t7o/All%20Line%20Codes.csv

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BrianHailey
in reply to: Anonymous

When I imported the file, I had the same issue with EC as you do with OC (I had the issue with OC as well). I didn't get the AA connection problem though. Can you take a screenshot of your import options?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: BrianHailey

8-26-2013 9-02-36 AM.png

I believe this is the dialog box you were curious about.

Message 4 of 8
jmayo-EE

Do you have a survey command defined for OC? Perhaps there is a conflict?? Just a guess.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
BrianHailey
in reply to: jmayo-EE

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have a survey command defined for OC? Perhaps there is a conflict?? Just a guess.

That's it! OC is a command within the default Linework Code Set "Point on Curve". Same for EC "End Curve". That's why those don't work. Either change your code or change the linework codeset.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jmayo-EE

John,

You nailed it. THat explains both problems. OC = on curve. CP = Connect to point.

Message 7 of 8
jmayo-EE

Excellent. Glad I could help. Thx for the kudos. 🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thnaks Brian. I either got lucky or the last week on the beach really cleared out some cobwebs. 🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report