Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Figure Prefix Database and breaklines

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
darrell.wilmore
571 Views, 3 Replies

Figure Prefix Database and breaklines

I am running Autocad Civil 3D 2012. I created a figure prefix database that our surveyors were familiar when coding in the field. It is a numeric code list. I recieved a survey last week that had 6 breaklines coded in the point file. Only one of the 6 acts as a breakline. All breaklines start and stop with the right linework commands but they fail to break crossing triangle legs. I've checked everything I can think of and the setup looks correct . The only difference between the one breakline that works and the others is that breakline has sequential point numbers while the other breakline codes are scattered throughout the point file.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DaveM
in reply to: darrell.wilmore

Did you apply them as breaklines? Even if you tell it to be a breakline in the prefix database you still have to apply them. This can be done for individual imports, or the survey database as a whole.8-26-2013 12-44-45 PM.png

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 3 of 4

O.K>, that worked.

I was thinking if the code was toggled on in the FPD as a breakline it would naturally create one.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
DaveM
in reply to: darrell.wilmore

Glad it worked for you! This area of civil 3d continues to give me pitfalls.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report