AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
lsitnj
Message 1 of 4 (197 Views)
Accepted Solution

Fieldbook import-how to show line segments from instrument setup to SS

197 Views, 3 Replies
12-26-2013 06:35 PM

I imported fbk file that I created from raw, I would like to see how data was collected (from which instrument setup). As I was watching video tutorial, I have seen this, but can't figure it out how to set it up. 

Thanks for any help!

If your .fbk is just points, you won't see any setups. If it is a true field book file, you should see them. Make sure you have "Insert Network Object" toggled on when you import the fieldbook file and you should see the network (with the shots and setups and backsites and all that survey mumbo jumbo that I as an engineer only pretend to understand).

Valued Mentor
KirkNoonan
Message 2 of 4 (160 Views)

Re: Fieldbook import-how to show line segments from instrument setup to SS

12-27-2013 05:09 AM in reply to: lsitnj

Make sure that this box is checked, and also insert the network object into the drawing.

fbk.PNG

Active Contributor
lsitnj
Message 3 of 4 (142 Views)

12-27-2013 05:46 PM in reply to: KirkNoonan
Kirk, thank you for suggestion, but this didn't help. Do you know where else should I look? All layers are on.
*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 4 of 4 (126 Views)

12-28-2013 06:10 PM in reply to: lsitnj

If your .fbk is just points, you won't see any setups. If it is a true field book file, you should see them. Make sure you have "Insert Network Object" toggled on when you import the fieldbook file and you should see the network (with the shots and setups and backsites and all that survey mumbo jumbo that I as an engineer only pretend to understand).

Brian Hailey
CAD-1.com
My Blog
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.