Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field for Vertical Scale

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
676 Views, 5 Replies

Field for Vertical Scale

I'm trying to get a field to automatically pull and put in a vertical scale based on the viewport. Obviously if I could click the viewport and say divide by 10 after I'd have it...if only things were so easy.

Has anyone else been able to create this? This may not be the right place...but it is my C3D plan and profile!

Kudos!

Brent Daley
Civil Designer/CAD Services Manager
The Land Group, Inc.

Civil 3D 2010 Version 3
Dell Precision 690
Intel Xeon 2.00GHz Dual Core
4 GB RAM, 256mb nVidia Quadro FX 550
Windows 7 64-bit Operating System
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
civman_daar
in reply to: Anonymous

I did this some years ago in Land Desktop 2007. The file that needs to be customized is the Acfields.fdc. It is found in your Program files>Civil3d *>userdatacache>support. I would make a backup of this file just in case you need it. In the formattype name="scale" area you can add this under

Civil Eng. Horz. Scale
1''= %lu2%ct1%qf2816%'

This will add a field named Civil Eng. Horz. Scale, which can use a viewport scale for annotation purposes.
There are coding factors %lu2%ct1%qf2816% which have meaning. I had them at one time but have lost them. Search the LDT forum for Acfields, you may find the coding there that will allow you to divide by a value to get your vertical scale. Good Luck.
Message 3 of 6
civman_daar

Take a look at this thread for formatting:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=4105053
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

If you use Sheet set Manager to import your viewports adding the expression
to a field that divides by 10 would be a one time investment the resides in
your SSM prototype. Then when your drag and drop profile views it will
always be there.

Joe
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

If the point is to label your profile view to show vertical (and horizontal) scale, then an excellent suggestion is shown in James Wedding's "Mastering Civil 3D 2010". You can add a label to your profile view style that appears when you create the profile view and dynamically updates should you change the vertical or horizontal scales. It requires no delving into the formatting codes or "dividing horizontal scales by 10" trickeration. It pulls the information directly from the profile view itself.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Don't I feel silly <G>

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report