Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field data for surface creation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
officebreak
232 Views, 1 Reply

Field data for surface creation

Our CAD team is new to C3D and is leaning on our survey division  to help set some "best" procedures to help thier work flow.  They may have tools not yet discovered at thier disposal.  I've been various places using various software packages, and using various field procedures.  Seems like I've seen it all, but lets go back to basics.

I have a 1 mile road topo coming up for design purposes.  The curb is standard, but there is full curb & depressed curb.  If you had your way from the CAD seat, what shots do you prefer?

Most accurate I've seen iis Centerline, Edge Pavement/Edge Concrete Gutter, Flowline Gutter, Face Curb, Back Curb.  More fieldwork, but made a good product. 

What I have seen is CL, EP, BC, then "let them just use a template" and several variations thereof.  

I have never seen a good way to automatically offset from say BC only and  handle depressed curb by field coding.  Am I still thinking old school?  Maybe C3D have some new options I've not seen before? 

Any comments are appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BrianHailey
in reply to: officebreak

HERE is a link to the Civil 3D 2013 help files that explain how the Horizontal and Vertical offset codes work. This would create your "template" as needed.

Scroll to the bottom of the page on the right side.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report