Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FG for Dredging

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kerksieck
563 Views, 3 Replies

FG for Dredging

Hi,

I am trying to create a FG surface for a dredging project. I've made a corridor representing the maximum elevation that the channel can be; in some areas it is cutting and in some areas it is filling but I really only want the cut to show up on my FG.

Is there a way to build an assembly that will result in a corridor that only cuts or, alternatively, is there a way to define a new surface that looks at two source surfaces and takes the lower elevation?

Note that at a given station, there may be both cut and fill at different offsets so I don't think using, say, a ditch subassembly would work since it checks for cut/fill at only one offset (at least as I understand it.)

Thanks for the help,

-D

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kerksieck
in reply to: kerksieck

another thing:

extracting polylines from a volume surface to create boundaries and pasting the results together is not really satisfactory as it is not dynamic.

Message 3 of 4
cmbarrett1
in reply to: kerksieck

Hi,

I know it's been a while since you posted this question but, I'm having the same problem and looking for an answer.  Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks,

Craig

Message 4 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: cmbarrett1

I don't have the full picture but it seems the me the profile grade line controls the cut. How does you corridor end in fill?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report