AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
kerksieck
Message 1 of 4 (312 Views)

FG for Dredging

312 Views, 3 Replies
11-01-2010 11:10 AM

Hi,

I am trying to create a FG surface for a dredging project. I've made a corridor representing the maximum elevation that the channel can be; in some areas it is cutting and in some areas it is filling but I really only want the cut to show up on my FG.

Is there a way to build an assembly that will result in a corridor that only cuts or, alternatively, is there a way to define a new surface that looks at two source surfaces and takes the lower elevation?

Note that at a given station, there may be both cut and fill at different offsets so I don't think using, say, a ditch subassembly would work since it checks for cut/fill at only one offset (at least as I understand it.)

Thanks for the help,

-D

Contributor
kerksieck
Message 2 of 4 (310 Views)

Re: FG for Dredging

11-01-2010 11:18 AM in reply to: kerksieck

another thing:

extracting polylines from a volume surface to create boundaries and pasting the results together is not really satisfactory as it is not dynamic.

cmbarrett1
Message 3 of 4 (95 Views)

05-15-2014 03:15 PM in reply to: kerksieck

Hi,

I know it's been a while since you posted this question but, I'm having the same problem and looking for an answer.  Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks,

Craig

*Expert Elite*
Joe-Bouza
Message 4 of 4 (88 Views)

05-15-2014 03:34 PM in reply to: cmbarrett1

I don't have the full picture but it seems the me the profile grade line controls the cut. How does you corridor end in fill?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People) Civil 3D 2012 & 2013
HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win7 OS
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.