Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FG elevations at Alignment CL

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
802 Views, 6 Replies

FG elevations at Alignment CL

Hi all
Please help me in assigning label in layout plan and profile view
1. How to assign proposed elevation to layout alignment along each station?. I know there is a way in LDT to assign proposed elevations to s specific range of stations or the full alignment, under menu "profiles/ FG Vertical Alignments/Create COGO Points" I am looking for the same one in C3D.
2. How to add connecting alignment label and station in profile view. For example I have an main alignment and in-between lot of other alignments are meeting with this alignment.
I want to show in profile view of the main alignment the meeting alignment's name and the station it meets with?
your clues and suggestion are highly appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

h want the step of adding FG elevations at  Alignment CL in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012

Message 3 of 7
troma

1. Create an Alignment Station label.
  2. Add a 'Reference Text' component and when asked, select Profile to reference.
  3. In the text editor you will have the option to add the profile elevation to the label.
  4. Add this label to your alignment.
  5. Unfortunately, it doesn't let you select the required profile in the Add Labels Dialog.  So, after they are added to the alignment, hold down the Control key and select all the labels.
  6. In the properties pallet, select the drop-down for the reference profile and click on the little icon.
  7. Right-click in the drawing space to bring up a list of available profiles.
  8. Select your profile and click OK.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: troma

This just confused me. I can add/edit station label on an alignment, but they why would I select a profile (but I don't see where I would do that when I try to follow these directions anyway). Further, there is not a component for 'Reference Text' Actually, when I select add/edit station label. there is NO 'component' category. What version of AutoCAD are you using? I've been searching for how to label high and low points on my plan easily (without manually adding the points), but haven't had any luck. Thanks!
Message 5 of 7
troma

"why would I select a profile"

Select a profile to label the high and low points from that profile, along the alignment in plan.

"when I select add/edit station label. there is NO 'component' category"

You must add the component to the label in the label editor.  Then you can add the label to the alignment.  (Then you must assign the profile to the label.)

Mark Green

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: troma

I think I got it. I think the part that was missing for me was adding the label TYPE "Profile Geometry Points". Thanks for the quick response.
Message 7 of 7
troma

Glad you got it. I've got it set up in my template now, so it's been quite a while since I've dug into it.

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report