Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few questions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rade_tomovic
233 Views, 4 Replies

Few questions

I have few questions:

1. How to extend lines which are part of geometry points labels, but not whole group, only single ones. I don't want dragged state leaders, just to extend existing and move text.

2. Is there any way to labels of geometry points have some index number (like PC1, PC2...) according to serial number of curve? I know that tables with curve details can have something like header with serial number (C1, C2 etc.)

3. Why 0% grade in profile view have downhil or uphill tangent in vertical profile band, not horizontal?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sboon
in reply to: rade_tomovic

1. Off hand I can think of three different types of geometry point labels, two for alignments and one for profiles.  The answer to your question will depend on which type you're asking about.

2. Both horizontal and vertical alignments can be labelled at changes of direction with an Index value.  Which type are you looking for?

3. I just tested this and could not reproduce the behaviour you describe.  Please upload a sample drawing showing this.

Also - if you're asking for help it is generally polite to provide information about which version you are using, and any relevant details about your hardware.  Without this information it is often difficult to answer your questions properly.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 5
rade_tomovic

Version Civil3D 2014 SP2, hardware is notebook: Intel i3110M, 8 GB RAM, Intel HD 4000, SSD 120 GB.

1. I was thinking about geometry point labels at tangent-curve and curve-tangent intersection for alignment.

2. Looking for both of them. Is that index number related to Alignment Segment Curve Number for alignments? Cause if I set that parameter to show in labels, it shows ???

3. Can you try with - 0.00%? And also, I've created data band style for Vertical Geometry, units are per mille, for some strange reason, per mille sign is rotated for 90 degrees.
Message 4 of 5
sboon

The alignment geometry point labels don't include the index parameters.  You'll have to use an alignment curve segment label for this.  I've been experimenting a bit, some of the parameters don't seem to work in the labels, but the Aligment PI index seems like it would do what you're looking for.

Clipboard01.png

The label for index values on horizontal alignments is above.  For vertical alignments the PVI index parameter works for me in testing.

For the vertical geometry band line to be horizontal the elevations at either end must be exactly the same.  A difference of 0.0001m will show as a slope even though the grade label is rounded to 0.00%

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 5
rade_tomovic
in reply to: sboon

Ok, but when I set Alignment Curve Index up in labels, what I getting whole
time is 3 question marks. I will try PI index and PVI index and will post
here. Is there any way to attach index to whole curve segments and how? I
mean something like counting number of curves from start to end of
alignment. And also, same question for profile. You're wright, I have some
miserable slope like on 6th decimal place. But, did you try to set units in
per mille? Per mille sign is rotated (but not whole text)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report