Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Featureline editing- how to delete featurelines from a surface definition ?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jeff_rivers
624 Views, 4 Replies

Featureline editing- how to delete featurelines from a surface definition ?

I'm building proposed surfaces for sidewalk ramps, and the process I'm following is to use featurelines to model the ramps, then add the featurelines to my FG surface as breaklines.  In cases where the featurelines have arc segments, the surface triangulation is not as good as I'd like it, so I've been using the 'Supplementing factors' settings to try and force the level of triangulation I want, but occasionally it isn't to my liking and I want a 'do-over'.  I want to delete the featureline from the surface definition, then re-add it using a lower mid-ordinate distance.

The surface->breaklines entry in the Prospector will show me a list of the breaklines in my surface definition, but it only shows them by name and number of vertexes.  Short of deleting a featureline and recreating it, how can I just remove a featureline from a surface definition? If I right-click an entry in the prospector, there's an option to select it, but all that does is select the entire surface, not any individual breakline.

Jeffrey Rivers
Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i9 3.7GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA RTX A4000
C3D 2020 V13.2.89.0
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: jeff_rivers

LIst the featureline, the output will tell you which surface it is used as a breakline in, if any, and the breakline name. Note the last entry below, it is breakline number 7 in the Pit Entrance Breakline group, of Surface FG

AECC_FEATURE_LINE  Layer: "C-ANNO"
                            Space: Model space
                   Handle = 17bf4
              Site : Site 1
             Style : Basic Feature Line
         2D Length : 83.686'
         3D Length : 83.716'
   Elevation Range : 304.87' - 306.46'
       Grade Range : 0.25% - 4.28%
    Breakline Data : FG, Pit Entrance: 7

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
Joe-Bouza

delete in plan, then "OOPS"

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza

you can select them fron the site node

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
WoithEng
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Delete then OOPS is super fast and you can add it right back in with the correct supplementing distance that you need. Great answer!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report