Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Properties ByBlock in XREF

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ArchD
335 Views, 2 Replies

Feature Properties ByBlock in XREF

I have a feature line style where everything is set to ByBlock in the style editor. This way I can create feature lines and put them on different layers using one style while still plotting based on the layers the objects are on.

My problem is that I'm using style based plot styles. This is fine when I plot from the same drawing, but when I xref the file into a new drawing, everything takes on the properties of the layer the xref is on. So if I originally have bold lines and fine lines, once xrefed, everything becomes the same lineweight. Colors and line types work fine, just plot styles seem to act this way.

I do not recall this being the case in 2011. Is there something I'm doing different, or do I have to start creating new feature line styles for every lineweight we use? Is there a way to set ByBlock to only work to one depth?

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ArchD
in reply to: ArchD

It seems it does not matter if it is set to ByLayer or a named plot style either. No matter what, feature lines in xrefs plot by the plot style of the layer the xref is on.

This is a pretty serious issue knowing that I can't easy revert back to C3D 2011 or convert to CTB pen settings.

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 3
Marsay
in reply to: ArchD

This problem just showed back up for me in C3D 2018.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report