Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Lines

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Swanzo
175 Views, 3 Replies

Feature Lines

I have modeled a corridor, and now I want to export a feature line, but I can't seem to get them to generate!?!?

Suggestions?

Erik Swanson
Project Manager
David E. Ross Associates
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Swanzo

Erik,

Are you finding that you cannot select the feature line? Does the command
Export > Corridor Feature line as polyline work? Does the Corridor have
multiple baselines?

Dan

wrote in message news:4857710@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have modeled a corridor, and now I want to export a feature line, but I
can't seem to get them to generate!?!?

Suggestions?

Erik Swanson
Project Manager
David E. Ross Associates
Message 3 of 4
Swanzo

Background:
I have a corridor with a cul-de-sac at the low point. Since I want to keep the vertical alignment of the centerline, I used the basic lane transition to stretch out to the curbline. I have also defined an alignment along the c-d-s curbline.I want to export the feature line @ ETW as the vertical alignment component (profile) for the curbline - then attach an assembly for the curb/sidewalk around the c-d-s. I added the ETW feature line in the Surfaces tab of the Corridor properties dialog box.
When I rebuild the surface, I can't select the feature line...
Message 4 of 4
tscheevel

Have you exported the surface using the "Corridor> Export" tool. If so, turn off the layer with the exported surface on it and try to select the feature line. I ran into this yesterday when trying to create a "Render Only" boundary on a corridor that I had just exported the surface from. It seems that the surface breakline was on top of the corridor feature line and when I tried to select the feature line I got a command line message that said "No feature line selected". I deleted the surface from the surface collection then it worked fine. I would assume that turning off the layer would save you having to delete the surface.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report