Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature lines losing intelligence when I reopen file

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rwolfe00
428 Views, 6 Replies

Feature lines losing intelligence when I reopen file

I am using the AutoCAD Civil 3d 2014 version.  I have created a small site using the surface.dwt template located in the tutorials.  The surface is created using COGO points for existing surface and using only feature lines for all proposed since it is a small site and has irregular features, roads and lots.  I created the grading using the feature lines or along feature lines and everything worked out well.  I saved the work and closed the drawing.  The same day I opened the drawing to find all of the feature lines have turned into polylines.  I tried the file recovery, but since all of the work was in the same day, it didn't have the created feature lines and grading.  I recreated all of the feature lines and when I tried to use the grading tool, it would crash the program repeatedly this time around and still have the same issues.  I now have recreated the feature lines once again.  Before I try grading again and chance redoing the work again, does anyone have any thoughts or advice into what I'm doing wrong or if it is a fix that needs updated to the program?

Thanks,

Robert

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
owenmull
in reply to: rwolfe00

Could you post the drawing?

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
in reply to: owenmull

I am unable to post the drawing.  Is there any additional information you need about the way the drawing was set up?

Message 4 of 7
ericcollins6932

Check your settings; sounds like CAD is set to save to vanilla cad or a previous version?

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 5 of 7
rwolfe00

My save settings are set to 2010 version.

Message 6 of 7
owenmull

You can post the drawing if you make a copy of it, then via Windows change the file type extension to something like '.txt' and upload it.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
in reply to: ericcollins6932

I changed the save settings to 2013 and it has fixed the issues.  Go figure it's a simple fix.  I wouldn't have thought there would be that much difference.  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report