Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature lines have vansihed from drawing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
losfotos
230 Views, 5 Replies

Feature lines have vansihed from drawing

Okay, I have had all kinds of problems lately, totally frustrated.

Civil 3D, Version G.204.0.0 SP2

Last night I had my grading drawing and it had all the feature lines, grading objects, etc in it. This morning, I went to open the drawing and the surface showed up in the preview, then still showed as it was opening, then it vanished once the open was finished. The surface shows the definitions of the feature lines in it but ALL the feature lines have vanished out of the drawing.

Yesterday I started getting this message *Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "99E6" and I used these to fix it.

(entget (handent "99E6")) will tell you what that object is.

(entdel (handent "99E6")) will delete it

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Warning-message/m-p/4856603#M242995

Then when I got in this morning I have no feature lines... Think these are related? Help?

Carl Simpson
C3D 2015 & 2016
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: losfotos

If recover doesn't fix the file then export the surface to xml. Import the surface into a new dwg and make sure the 'Create Source Data in Drawing' option is turned on for the xml import. You may get the feature lines back as 3dpolys.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
losfotos
in reply to: jmayo-EE

yeah I just tried the landXML thing... not so good since all the curves turn into segmented 3d polys.

Carl Simpson
C3D 2015 & 2016
Message 4 of 6
jmayo-EE

Yeah not an ideal solution but it's the only one I know. On a side note I would rebuild the corrupt file.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
losfotos
in reply to: jmayo-EE

That's pretty much what I'm doing now. Of course this happens when you can least afford the time to do it.
Carl Simpson
C3D 2015 & 2016
Message 6 of 6
losfotos

So I used this command (entdel (handent "99E6")) and poof all the feature lines are gone once I close and reopen the drawing. Of course the one thing that fixes the warning destroys the drawing.
Carl Simpson
C3D 2015 & 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report