AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
el.Topo
Message 1 of 3 (342 Views)
Accepted Solution

feature lines - arc segment fillet

342 Views, 2 Replies
11-26-2012 05:02 AM

I create a feature line including some arcs. While editing I need to redimension the feature line, but the arcs will lose tangency. Therefore I have to break/trim/delete/manually edit the tangents until they intersect and then FILLET them to get a new arc. I tried EDIT CURVE with 0 Radius but it's not acceptable. Any workaround on this one (filleting feature lines like polylines or a closing option)?

Thank you

MacBook Pro, Intel Core i7 CPU M 620@2.67GHz, 8GB RAM
W7Pro SP1, 64-bit / Civil3D 2013

vk,

by re-dimensioning the feature do you mean changing the size of a radius of one of the curves?

if so the edit curve command for feature lines works.   if you want a zero radius there is a delete option to get rid of the curve which will replace the curve with a zero radius fillet.   If you have a zero radius fillet and wish to add a curve then the fillet command can be used to do this.   

I don't understand when you say that the curve looses tangency.   They don't appear to do that at all for me.

thank you!

it's this "Delete" option I could not find that solves my problem.

:smileyhappy:

*Pro
dgordon
Message 2 of 3 (337 Views)

Re: feature lines - arc segment fillet

11-26-2012 05:36 AM in reply to: el.Topo

vk,

by re-dimensioning the feature do you mean changing the size of a radius of one of the curves?

if so the edit curve command for feature lines works.   if you want a zero radius there is a delete option to get rid of the curve which will replace the curve with a zero radius fillet.   If you have a zero radius fillet and wish to add a curve then the fillet command can be used to do this.   

I don't understand when you say that the curve looses tangency.   They don't appear to do that at all for me.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Valued Contributor
el.Topo
Message 3 of 3 (334 Views)

Re: feature lines - arc segment fillet

11-26-2012 05:43 AM in reply to: dgordon

thank you!

it's this "Delete" option I could not find that solves my problem.

:smileyhappy:

MacBook Pro, Intel Core i7 CPU M 620@2.67GHz, 8GB RAM
W7Pro SP1, 64-bit / Civil3D 2013
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.