Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Line Not Showing On the Section

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
tonykhoury
2449 Views, 8 Replies

Feature Line Not Showing On the Section

Hello,
Can anyone please help me to show the feature line on the section view ? 
In a different post someone told me to change the crossing marker in the feature line style so it shows on the section view. I did that, and now it is showing on the section view but in the wrong place ( at 0,0) and it is not dynamic. Can anyone please help me !
All what i am trying to do is to show the electric line ( i modeled as a feature line ) on the samped sections located on the alighement ( I can do it manually but it is not accurate and i have about 50 sections). Am i doing it right ? 
Any help is highly apprectiated. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
johngordon6189
in reply to: tonykhoury

Check the feature line style, display tab to ensure the feature line layer is on in the section view.
John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10
Message 3 of 9
Jeff_M

Did you specify to use the featureline elevation when projecting it? What does it show for one of the SectionView properties?

8-4-2014 4-23-58 PM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 9
tonykhoury
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you all.

I didnt not i can project a feature line or obejct to the section view that's why the feature line didnt show. 
For anyone stuggeling with this go to sections views under "Profile and sections views" in the home tab and select "project objects to section view".

Message 5 of 9
tonykhoury

Hi Jeff, 
Can you please help me to solve these two problems, i have been struggling on them for a long time, and i had no luck on Google. I dont know if what i am tryind do is doable.

I created a profile in the profile view using the profile creation tool. I have two main problems that i am not sure how to solve:

1.  I am trying to create a pipe from the profile I created, but i am not sure how. I created the profile as the center of the pipe. 

2. On the same aligment i created the profile, i sampled the aligments. In the section view i do not see the profile i added im the profile view.
                  how can i add the profile to show in the section view?

Thank in you in advance. 

Message 6 of 9
Jeff_M

Tony, for the first item you can create a featureline from alignment then create your pipenetwork from the featureline.

For the second item, you need something other than just a profile. A featureline, surface, corridor (use amarked point in an Assembly), pipe, etc. will work.

EESignature
Message 7 of 9
Grimes_MG

Jeff, Have you ever tried to project a FL in a profile view (not section view) at where the FL crosses the alignment/profile line?

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1
Message 8 of 9
Jeff_M
in reply to: Grimes_MG

I don't recalling needing to do so, @Grimes_MG If you have tried this and run into a problem could you elaborate on what that might be?
EESignature
Message 9 of 9
Grimes_MG

Funny enough, it is not currently possible (with versions up to and including C3D 2016) to project a FL in a Profile View as you can do in a Section View.

Following a similar work-path as one would with SV projections, in PV projections it doesn't so a single entity where the FL crosses the alignment, but rather shows the entire FL along the entire alignment. So if you have a parcel boundary as a FL with an alignment in the middle, the FL projection would be continuous along the alignment line in the PV.

Arg!

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report