Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature line from Corridor trouble

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2431 Views, 6 Replies

Feature line from Corridor trouble

Hi again,

As I continue my self education of Civil3D prior to our transition from Bentley (Yes, I know teaching yourself isn't an efficent way of learning) I've came across another hiccup.  Again, my apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an asnwer.

I want to create a feature line from my symetrical corridor which simply consists of a LaneOutsideSuper connected to a UrbanCurbGutterGeneral connected to a LinkWidthAndSlope.  When I try and create the feature line, I'm able to create one for the centerline, gutter line and top of curb, but I cannot create one from the outter limits of my corridor, the LinkWidthAndSlope subassembly.  I've seen a few examples where a feature line has been created from this subassembly, but not sure why I'm, unable to?  I haven't tried renaming the P2 codes to something else, would this potentially be a reason?  As always, any insight one can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again!   

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
LeafRiders
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure exactly why it's not creating for you. Are you selecting the corridor and using your Ribbon to select "Feature lines from Corridor"? If you're looking for a vertical or horizontal target you could work around it and create polyline from Corridor, also found on the Ribbon when you select it... just select the dropdown on the launch pad. That should give you a 3D Polyline and it would be useable (not dynamic mind you)... Using "Auto Corridor Feature Line" is likely the primary goal here. I tested the P2 on one of mine and it works okay. Did you want to attach the file so I can take a look?

Message 3 of 7
sboon

Can you see the featureline which you're trying to extract from the corridor?

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 7
Pointdump

Daniel,

"As I continue my self education of Civil3D..."

The best way to learn, in my opinion. And don't feel the slightest hesitation about asking for help here on the C3D Forum. You'll get wide-ranging answers and important clarifications here that you sometimes won't find in the Help Section.

Here's my nickel tour. (I'm learning too):

Select your Corridor. In the Launch Pad Panel choose Feature Lines from Corridor:

FLfromCorr1.png

Depending on which of your Corridor's lines you selected, you'll get this dialogue box. The list of lines to choose from seems to depend on which line you clicked on to select the Corridor. Don't freak if you don't see the line you want. Note: Sometimes this box doesn't even come up:

FLfromCorr2.png

Next you'll get this dialogue box. Name your Feature Line and when you hit OK the command line will ask you to select which line you want:

FLfromCorr3.png

Now you can use the Feature Line you just created to target a grading:

FLfromCorr4.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 7
doni49
in reply to: Pointdump

@Pointdump wrote:

Daniel,

"As I continue my self education of Civil3D..."

The best way to learn, in my opinion. And don't feel the slightest hesitation about asking for help here on the C3D Forum. You'll get wide-ranging answers and important clarifications here that you sometimes won't find in the Help Section.

I will second that motion.  🙂

When I started at my current job, I had previously worked with MOSTLY Bentley products.  I say mostly because we had AutoCAD at the previous job and although I knew it very well, I didn't use it often.  When I started here, my supervisor told me that he was going to be sending me to a class on Civil 3D.  But it was 6 months before he could get it set up.  I spent the first 6 months reading and watching everything I could find on C3D (blogs, this forum and video tutorials as well as the AU classes they post online). 

By the time my class came around, I had a pretty good grasp on the software.  But needed some fine tuning and the instructor was great with that.

Watch the videos and read the written tutorials.  Take what you can from them to apply to your work.  Then if you don't understand something come here and ask.  I've never once been made to feel bad about asking.

And you can learn a lot just by reading OTHER people's problems (the questions they ask here) and the responses they get.  So come back often -- even if you don't have questions to ask.  If you see a question that you think you can help with, feel free to answer. 

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 6 of 7
david.zavislan

Look at the feature line tab of the corridor properties.  Are the P2 feature lines being generated?  There should be a check mark in the Connect column.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I don't know if this is just a glitch on my cad or if it's universal, but I'm not able to Create Feature Lines From Corridors when I'm in the viewport of a layout tab. If you're not already in Model Space, try switching to it and creating the feature line again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report