Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature line and raising a surface

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Chaznsc
551 Views, 7 Replies

Feature line and raising a surface

In Civil3d (2011) I have set a grading feature line with manually set elevations for the perimeter of the parking area. Afte rI was done, I noticed I should raise the site 1 foot to eleminiate some cut. I went back to fine tune one of the curb lines and notice the elevations assigned to the feature line are on the originally set elevations, exactly 1 foot off the resulting contours. Is this a normal bahavior?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ccoles
in reply to: Chaznsc

If you raised the surface using the surface edit to add 1 foot, this does not affect the objects used to build the surface. Feature lines, points, and other objects stay at their original elevation. The resulting surface will take the original elevation and add 1 foot when it generates. To keep everything in sync, the 1-foot adjustment needs to be addd to the feature lines, not as a surface adjustment.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 3 of 8
Chaznsc
in reply to: ccoles

Thak you for the reply. How wonderfully ineffective this is. Now I have feature lines 1 foot off and others on the mark.

Message 4 of 8
jmayo-EE

If you select the feature lines and only the feature lines you can find the Raise/Lower command with a right click.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Chaznsc
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Yes, you can, but the feature elevations still do not match the contours.

Message 6 of 8
jmayo-EE

They should if you remove the rasie/lower edit from the surface.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Chaznsc
in reply to: jmayo-EE

the issuues is that i added in some feature lines using the new datum, so one or the other wont be correct.

Message 8 of 8
jmayo-EE

You don't have to select all of the Feature Lines. Just the ones that need to be moved. In this case the ones that were not created with the datum shift.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report