Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FDO Text in Layout viewport

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
AllenJessup
255 Views, 3 Replies

FDO Text in Layout viewport

I have a couple of shape files of museaums, historic markers and landmarks attached through FDO. The text looks good in modelspace but extreamly pixelated in the viewport. I've tries matching scales and anno scales from MS to the viewport. But it still looks the same.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'll attache an example from MS & PS

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: AllenJessup

@AllenJessup wrote:

I have a couple of shape files of museaums, historic markers and landmarks attached through FDO. The text looks good in modelspace but extreamly pixelated in the viewport. I've tries matching scales and anno scales from MS to the viewport. But it still looks the same.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'll attache an example from MS & PS

Allen

FDO lables don't like PS. Then add the label style you are using makes it hate PS that much more. You can try using a simple font/txt style to lable then use the convert lables to text  "_MAPLABEL2ANN" to convert it to plain mtext then set that mtext to a sytle you need. Granted you would not have the text fill with outline but it will display better in PS. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thanks for the reply Murph. The problem turned out to be ShadeMode. I had it set to Shaded because I wanted to plot a Surface, behind the map, shaded. This caused other problems. So I plotted the shaded Surface to a Raster, set the Surface to No_Display and inserted the raster to show the shaded Surface.

Now that ShadeMode is back to 2D wireframe. The labels plot from paperspace with no problem.

Allen

BTW for others. ShadeMode is the command line equivalent of Visual Styles.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: AllenJessup

@AllenJessup wrote:

Now that ShadeMode is back to 2D wireframe. The labels plot from paperspace with no problem.

Allen

BTW for others. ShadeMode is the command line equivalent of Visual Styles.

Good to know, they must of fixed a few lines of code in newer versions, I know back in 2009/10 beta I turned in a ton of bugs with FDO and PS. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report