Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FDO Connect to .sid (Aerial photo)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sfore
329 Views, 1 Reply

FDO Connect to .sid (Aerial photo)

I've started connecting to Raster (.sid) Aerials thru mapwspace rather than inserting them thru the Planning and Analysis Workstation due to greater control with gray scale and resampling raster and such.  I started noticing after I save, I can't select anything in my drawing.  I was connected to a whole county Aerial .sid file, so i thought maybe if I only connect to individual tiles for my project area which consisted of 9 .sid files, the issue would go away.  It didn't.  I tried typing REA, purge, audit, then eventually I would crash.

Is there something wrong with FDO connections with .sid files thru mapwspace in C3D 2013???

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Murph_Map
in reply to: sfore

SID files when loaded with FDO are resources hogs, I expect the raster enginge that dispalys them is taking a while to regen and not waiting before you try selecting anything is causing it to crash. You can try converting them to TIF and see if it works better.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report