Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.fbk disappears after wizard import

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Gibberish
231 Views, 2 Replies

.fbk disappears after wizard import

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with .fbk files disappearing after I import them. I'm sure I am missing a setting somewhere but I don't know where. I have a (slightly clunky) workaround but I'd appreciate any help on setting things up correctly.

We went straight from LDD 08 to Civil 3d 13 so it is a bit of a learning curve.

I am trying to use Civil 3d 2013 with Trimble Link. My procedure is to download the file with trimble link and then follow the wizard from there. My .fbk imports fine, but if I need to edit anything I find that it is missing from the folder that I just imported it from.

If I copy and rename the .fbk prior to importing it I can import and edit the re-named file no problem, it just seems to be the initial import done by the wizard that deletes the file.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Gibb

BTW I did think of the many possible puns I'm inviting when I complain about a wizard making my files disappear. Smiley Wink

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: Gibberish

Do you still have Trimble Link open when you import the fbk with Civil 3D? If so, try closing Trimble Link first.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
davehi
in reply to: Gibberish

As I recall after the fbk  is imported Trimble  moves the fbk file to the folder that contains the files associated with the survey database.

In 2012 you had to change a Registry value to prevent Trimble from moving the fbk file, I would expect the same in 2013.

Dave Hill

Dave Hill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report