Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error when trying to plot

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mrobert9
388 Views, 4 Replies

Fatal Error when trying to plot

I am currently using ACAD Civil 3D 2014. When I am in paper space and try to plot I get a Fatal Error before I even get to the plot menu. This is only happening in 2 specific drawings and I've done a purge, audit and drawing recovery. With 8GB of Ram there should be more then enough to at least plot a 5MB drawing. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: mrobert9

What may be unique to these to files compared to those that plot normally?

Longer file names or folder structure paths, any special characters in names or path?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
mrobert9
in reply to: Jay_B

These are 2 of 4 drawings that I've been maintaining for years now. Same file name and same file size.  I am test driving both Civil 3D 2014 and a new pc here at work. They worked and plotted fine with the old pc (Map 3D 2012, 32 bit, 4GB ram) but have this issue whith the new pc (Civil 3D 2014, 64 bit, 8GB Ram). Very strange.

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: mrobert9

If there are any xrefs attached, has an Audit been run on all of those individually?

Do the Page Setups match for all 4 files?

Does this still happen if you try switching to a different c3D or Acad profile?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
mrobert9
in reply to: Jay_B

Yes all of the page setups are identical and have been since I took them over 6 years ago. Yes there are 15 x-refed drawings but they are maintained by others and therefore read only for me. So I removed all of the x-ref's and changed the workspace from Civil 3D to "Planning and Analysis" and got the same result. Then I tried "Drafting & Annotation" and again the same result.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report