AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
tmcmannis
Message 1 of 4 (752 Views)

Fatal Error when changing annotation scale for Viewport

752 Views, 3 Replies
11-26-2012 09:43 AM

Hi everyone. I have some files that are difficult to work with. Every time I try to change the annotation scale of an existing viewport or create a new viewport and set the annotation scale equal to something other than the default 1"=40' the file fatal errors on me. Have any of you encountered this problem, and if so how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help.

Oh, Im on Windows XP 64 (8gb Ram and a Xeon) running C3D 2011 (all service packs and updates applied).

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 2 of 4 (718 Views)

Re: Fatal Error when changing annotation scale for Viewport

11-27-2012 05:41 AM in reply to: tmcmannis

Some files, not all files?  Sounds like a corruption.

Purge

-Purge   Regaps

Audit

Recover.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Valued Contributor
tmcmannis
Message 3 of 4 (711 Views)

11-27-2012 07:23 AM in reply to: troma

It's actually looking like it might be all the files...have yet to find one that we can modify that doesnt crash. We've tried purging regapps, zero length geometry, and everything else and it still crashes.

Just for giggles I ran a Map query to redraw one of the sheets and imported the layout from the original drawing and the problem persists... even with a new from scratch viewport. This is the first time I've encountered this issue and its really proving detrimental to our production speed and output. Please keep the suggestions coming. Thanks for your help!

-Tristan

gatamunoz10
Message 4 of 4 (467 Views)

09-17-2013 06:43 AM in reply to: tmcmannis

I was able to bypass these errors with the CANNOSCALE command.

Changing the Annotation Scale from the Properties dialog box gave fatal errors. I bypassed this by going inside each viewport and doing the CANNOSCALE then providing the needed scale.

Hope this helps!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.