Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error when changing annotation scale for Viewport

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
tmcmannis
6543 Views, 9 Replies

Fatal Error when changing annotation scale for Viewport

Hi everyone. I have some files that are difficult to work with. Every time I try to change the annotation scale of an existing viewport or create a new viewport and set the annotation scale equal to something other than the default 1"=40' the file fatal errors on me. Have any of you encountered this problem, and if so how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help.

Oh, Im on Windows XP 64 (8gb Ram and a Xeon) running C3D 2011 (all service packs and updates applied).

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
troma
in reply to: tmcmannis

Some files, not all files?  Sounds like a corruption.

Purge

-Purge   Regaps

Audit

Recover.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 10
tmcmannis
in reply to: troma

It's actually looking like it might be all the files...have yet to find one that we can modify that doesnt crash. We've tried purging regapps, zero length geometry, and everything else and it still crashes.

Just for giggles I ran a Map query to redraw one of the sheets and imported the layout from the original drawing and the problem persists... even with a new from scratch viewport. This is the first time I've encountered this issue and its really proving detrimental to our production speed and output. Please keep the suggestions coming. Thanks for your help!

-Tristan

Message 4 of 10
gatamunoz10

I was able to bypass these errors with the CANNOSCALE command.

Changing the Annotation Scale from the Properties dialog box gave fatal errors. I bypassed this by going inside each viewport and doing the CANNOSCALE then providing the needed scale.

Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 10
twilliams
in reply to: gatamunoz10

I also am having this issue getting fatal errors when I try to change the viewport scale. I have purged and audited, deleted and recreated viewports and whole layouts, and tried using the command CANNOSCALE in the dialogue box. NONE of which are working and still causing the fatal errors. 
PLEASE HELP!! Cat Sad

Message 6 of 10
cadtech1986

Bump. This keeps happening to me too. Both when I try to change it in the Properties box, as well as clicking the "synchronize anno scale" icon in the bottom.

Edit: Just tried to change the overall anno scale in model space and still freezing. 

Message 7 of 10
cadtech1986
in reply to: cadtech1986

Unloading all xrefs fixed this issue for me. 

Message 8 of 10
lkovacs

I found/toggled the Annotation Visibility icon to On (icon found to the right of the Viewport Scale at bottom right of screen) and this problem seems to have resolved.

Message 9 of 10
lkovacs
in reply to: lkovacs

Hmm. Forgot to say, once you can see what you want in the viewport, you can select it, right click and add current scale. It wont' wipe the scales for other viewports and doesn't freeze on me.

Message 10 of 10
jmayo-EE

Still happens in 2020. Fixed with recover.

Don't forget to recover XRef's errors in XRef's can also cause the crashing when changing vport scales.

Also note that RecoverAll will take care of it all.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report