Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xfffffff Exception at 40573837h

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
TSchroder7185
8200 Views, 9 Replies

Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xfffffff Exception at 40573837h

While working in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011, I have received this error then the program shuts down.  I received it 4 times yesterday and once today.  I'm running Windows 7, 32 bit.  Any help?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
gccdaemon
in reply to: TSchroder7185

What were you doing when it happened, and have you downloaded and installed the SP1 patch?

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 3 of 10

At the time of this error, I was making a simple 2D drawing with lines, arcs, etc..   I have not downloaded the SP1 patch so I will do that and let you know if it happens again.  Thank you.

Message 4 of 10
hgohel

Installing Update 1 is definitely the first thing to do, and keep in mind this support doc: graphics issues after update 1.

If you submitted crash reports, can you send me your email address so I can look up your crash reports?

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 10

I have sent numerous error reports in for unhandled access violations.  most of them occur just opening a drawing.

John Gordon

jgordon@rouse-sirine.com

John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10
Message 6 of 10
dmccool

Send this issue directly to AutoDesk Support (product.support.communications@autodesk.com).  They will turn you on to a discussion forum to get your answer, or they will contact you with a solution directly.

Peace,

Dan

Message 7 of 10
briancoward

Did anyone in this thread find a solution to this issue?  AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 is crashing immediately.  Normally it crashes once or twice a day but this morning I'm unable to even open CAD. 

Here's the error...

AutoCAD Error Aborting

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xffffffff Exception at

3f277ff1h

I'm running:

Windows 7 Enterprise Version 6.1.7600

Dell Precision Workstation T7400

x64-based PC

Dual 2.5 GHz

8 GB memory

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Ver. 2

Appreciate any advise.  Thanks,

Brian

Message 8 of 10
hgohel
in reply to: briancoward

Hi Brian,

Your crash may or may not be the same as the other posters on this thread.  Do you recall any changes to your system and/or Civil 3D configuration that might cause this change in behavior?  Email me (himanshu.gohel@autodesk) and we can try out a few things.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 10
hgohel
in reply to: johngordon6189

Hello John,

Thanks for providing your email address so I could look up your crash reports.  There may be a 3rd party module involved in your case.  Would you please contact me by email (himanshu.gohel@autodesk...) and I can provide details.

Thanks,

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 10
briancoward
in reply to: hgohel

Hi Himanshu,

I had been working with AutoCAD the day before and everything was fine.  I asked IT if they had done any automated updates and they said they hadn't.  There are other techs in the office that still have CAD working.

IT did come down though and after determining that the Administrative install of CAD worked fine on my computer they wiped my profile and AutoCAD started working again. 

The last 6 months with 2011 have been pretty rough.  A lot of my time is spent waiting for someone in IT to reinstall or wipe my profile... which is all followed by me having to setup all of the standards.  Very frustrating and time consuming.

Thanks for the quick response though Himanshu,

Brian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report