Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0018 Exception at …”

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aharris32
19280 Views, 3 Replies

“FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0018 Exception at …”

Product :

Civil 3D 2012

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1

Systems: (multiple)

Problem Description:

When opening certain CAD drawings, a crash occurs during “Synchronizing References”. The error message is, “FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0018 Exception at …”

The procedure described in the following links fixes the problem:

http://faultbucket.ca/2011/04/reset-autocad-in-a-windows-profile-to-default/

This problem is occurring quite often and it is time-consuming to have to re-create the profile settings every time the fix is employed.

Why is corruption of the profile occurring and what can be done to prevent it?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sandman007
in reply to: aharris32

Can anyone give me some advice on this? I tried it and it totally kill Civil 3D 2012. I reset the folders back to the originals and put the registry key back... so it running but I would like to see if resetting the AutoCAD Windows Profile fixes this problem. I'm using Windows 7 and Civil 3D 2012.

Message 3 of 4
MarkSanchezSPEC
in reply to: aharris32

One of our users got this error when orbiting.  We fixed it by updating his video drivers. 

The fix in the link is part of our troubleshooting process, but we try to avoid it whenever possible due to the disruption it has on the user's working environment.  In general, we always update video drivers for anything having to do with zoom,pan, orbit, etc.  This has yielded good results most of the time.

Message 4 of 4

Sorry...forgot to mention: We have Win7 x64 with Civil 3D 2012 SP2.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report