Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error on Save - 2008

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
KW-EGA
299 Views, 8 Replies

Fatal Error on Save - 2008

The general feeling in this discussion group is that C3D 2008 is more stable then C3D 2007 sp3. I am not finding this to be true. I moved one project from 2007 to 2008 and I am getting an increased number of fatal errors. Most of the fatal errors occur when saving or synchorizing data referneces. Is anyone else experience increased errors?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jwedding
in reply to: KW-EGA

Just curious, Vault or Shortcuts?

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
Civil 3D 2007
XP Tablet, SP2, 2GHz, 2G
www.eng-eff.com
www.civil3d.com
Message 3 of 9
petrocat

Do you still have 2007 on the same computer? Not that I'm sure that it makes a difference. I have them both on the same computer, and have noticed since installing 2008 (for testing and prep for full distribution) my 2007 (used to get the project out) crashes every other save and exit. Speaking of which...
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

yes i'm having the same problem!
I have a service order in with Autodesk to help solve this problem! i have a plan and profile drawing that xref a converted c3d07 surface/pipe model. i audited and purged and even cleaned out all the saved layer states from this model. but when i click on the save button CRASH!! if i detach this xref all is well. so i started all over in a fresh new drawing rexref this problem drawing clicked save it was okay! wow iam do!....not so fast i have to add my saved views. when i was done restoring the views and clicked save. bang it crashed again with the same error...@##$%!!
it didn't matter if i made them with the view command or i dragged them from model space tab in the SSM. it would crash on a save or even just closing this drawing w/o saving. so now that all of my drawings that make up this set have been converted to 08 i can't open them up in 07 and still use them. well i guess that's what service packs are for, right.

if you are having this problem as well try deleting named views if you have them or look at you surface model. that's all that i have right now i well post a fix or workaround if i get one from autodesk.

gary Message was edited by: quincon
Message 5 of 9
KW-EGA

I am using data shortcuts and have C3D 2007 installed on the same computer. I haven't been able to pinpoint any specific activity that I am doing leading up to the fatal error on a save. It just seems 1 out of 5 -10 save attempts randomly crashes the software
Message 6 of 9
JulieT

Any ideas from anyone else? I am getting the FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation. it mostly appears on a save command, but also on REA command. When I do a REA, some of my layers disappear......not turned off or frozen, just gone. I have read the earlier blogs referring to the civil3drocks site and AU online, but didn't find anything there that matches my situation.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

"If I insert that drawing as a block I can save. Explode it so I have all the objects in there and can save it. There is something up with that drawing’s objects functioning within an xref that is causing it grumble.

I am going to isolate all the objects out of the civil drawing to identify which object is causing the problems.
We are still researching the cause of this issue. I’ve logged defect 93532"

the above is my conversation with autodesk so far. i have been reading the forums here and i am going back to 07 since it appears that 08 is still in alpha testing!

GL

Gary
Message 8 of 9
civilpt

I am having the exact same problem.

The save percent gets to 59 and crashes.

This has wasted a couple days of effort.
Message 9 of 9
civilpt

I used the audit command and it found 5 errors and fixed them.

Now I am saving without a problem and am up & running.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report