Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error on first launch of C3D

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
108 Views, 1 Reply

Fatal Error on first launch of C3D

Ran into an intersting problem today and thought I'd share it in case anyone else encounters the same issue.

Created a brand new image of C3D with Vault components and sp1a. Deployed it to a workstation. reviewed log to make sure it deployed successfully. Couple things in the log were noteworthy, as i later found out. First, it skipped installing .Net 2.0 because it was already on the workstation. Second, the istallation of Flash failed (no reason given in log).

Upon launching C3D on the workstation, it would get about 90% of the way through loading everything and the pause on "Loading Survey UI...." and then BANG! Fatal Error (cant remember exact error code...e0434c4fd or something...i'll post actual code later).

After several attempts at finding a solution, I contacted Autodesk and hats off to Dana! She nailed it. She suggested that the culprit was .NET. Vault UI installs after Survey UI and requires .NET. It was crashing on Vault UI, not Survey UI.

Even though the workstation had .NET 2.0 installed (i verified this early on in troubleshooting), a new download from Microsoft website, and a repair of the .NET installation revealed an error.

With .NET reinstalled, the deployment worked.

Hopefully this will save someone some time and frustration. Thanks again to Adesk support for quick and accurate advice.

Mark Scacco
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Dana J. at Autodesk is awesome. She helped me huge with similar OS type
problems with 2007. (I wish I could take the credit for being the Dana in
question)

--
Dana Breig Probert
http://civil3drocks.blogspot.com/
CADapult Ltd
Empowering Design With Innovative Solutions
www.cadapult.net
----------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report