Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error 0x0008 HELP

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
johnmeyers
21533 Views, 9 Replies

Fatal Error 0x0008 HELP

We are less than an hour away from a final submittal and just corrupted an entire plan set.  Two users were using C3D 2012 on 64 bit machines.  Two users were using 32 bit machines.

A user on a 32 bit machine tried to publish the sheet set using the sheet set manager dialog box.  She was trying to use a template that overrides the page set up with a set up that prints to the DWF to pdf driver.  It printed two pdfs then crashed.  Now we can't even open any of the drawings that were in the sheet set.  Any computer that opens one of the drawings that was in the sheet set crashes immediately.  The error message is FATAL ERROR Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0008 Exception at e9483780h.

I just installed service pack 2.1 and it didn't fix anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  We are in crisis mode right now.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
owenmull
in reply to: johnmeyers

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010/FATAL-ERROR-Unhandled-e06d7363h-Exception-at-7c812afbh/m-...

Read post # 8. That's the fix.

To bring up the registry keys, Start-->Run-->regedit

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.2\ACAD-A000:409\WebServices\CommunicationCenter\LastUpdateTimeLoWord

Change that to 00000000 and it should fix it.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Thanks, but that didn't fix anything.

Message 5 of 10
hgohel

Please open a support case with Autodesk Subscription Support to get help with your crash.  Before you do that, please send in a crash report via the CER window, and use your email address so that support can look up the crash report and correlate it with the data and steps you provide. If you post the email address here, I can also look up your crash.

Thanks.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 10
johnmeyers
in reply to: hgohel

We identified the drawing with the source of the problem and recovered it from network back up files.  It appears a block that was inserted from another consultant who uses Revit caused the file to corrupt.  A little bit of redo work, but problem solved.

Message 7 of 10
hgohel

Thanks for the follow-up.  Glad you were able to resolve the problem and move forward.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 10
g_arape

Hi, I have a similar problem on my Laptop. While I was using the Group command AutoCAD 2015 LT stop working, then I have a window notice on my screen like this:

Fatal Error: Unhandled Acess Violating Reading 0X0008 Exception at 95b119e0h

I send a report to Autodesk following instructions. AutoCad is not working now. If I open the program again I will have the same warning.

Thanks for your help.

Message 9 of 10
g_arape

Ok, this is the Case Number today Monday 12/22/14 ( I am still down):

I don't understand why the close my case ?

Support Case10265526 is now closed. If you still need help with this issue, please reply to this email and include additional details. You can also review or respond to your support cases online in your Autodesk support portal.

Autodesk is committed to providing excellent customer service. As part of the support process, we may send you an optional survey for your feedback.

Thanks for contacting Autodesk for support.

Best regards,

Autodesk

Message 10 of 10
hgohel
in reply to: g_arape

Hello g_arape:

You replied to a 2 year-old thread, for a different product than yours, with a different error than yours, so it's unlikely you're going to find a solution here - at the very least, you should start a new thread in the AutoCAD forum describing your issue with complete steps to reproduce.

However, since you've already opened a support case, I suggest you follow-up with the person assigned to that case.  If your problem has not been resolved, you do have the option to communicate further, as mentioned in the reply you received.

Hope your problem gets resolved soon.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report