Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error 0x0000 exception at ca2e67c6h

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sroj
1433 Views, 5 Replies

Fatal Error 0x0000 exception at ca2e67c6h

Has anyone received this error upon opening a drawing in Civil 3D 2013?  I was working on it yesterday, tried to open it today, and it wont open.  Recover wont work, and I also went through all the xref's and data reference files and did a purge, -purge, and audit.  Only one of about 8 files had 7 errors.  I am very good with doing purge and audits throughout the day so my files are usually pretty darn clean.  ANY help is appreciated.

In addition, the .bak file is also corrupt, and the stupid auto save didnt work.  I have it set to auto save every 10 mins, but for some reason it never wants to work.  I had the drawing open for over an hour without a single auto save.  PLEASE fix this issue Autodesk.  VERY frustrating.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: sroj

Since you're familiar with all the purging, auditing, etc. I'm assuming you've tried repairing/reinstalling the applicatoin.

Perhaps if you should open a SR with Autodesk and they can track down what's causing your issue.  I've seen several users designing with 2013 without many issues at all.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 6
gjcbachman

If I understand it right Autosave does not save a permanent file unless you crash.  When an autosave is done it creates a temporary file in the folder you have it set to in options.  If you close the drawing normally it deletes that file.  The only time you will find the autosave drawing is if you crash in a certain way (I've never figured out which kind of crash works best).  So if your drawing got corrupted, but not from the correct kind of crash, you won't have an autosave drawing to go back to.  I personally have only seen the autosave file a few times.

Since I've been using CIvil 3D I've found it usefull to save a copy of my drawings during the design process since ending up with corrupted drawings seems to be a problem.  My company also has a nice feature on the network that saves several versions of files that can be restored, that has saved me several times.

Lisa
Windows 10 Pro x 64 bit
Intel Xeon CPU @ 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro P2200
Civil 3D 2020
Message 4 of 6
sroj

Each Autosave folder for each version of Civil 3D I have has Autosaves saved as .bak files.  In fact, my 2012 folder has 1,600 files and is 6+ gigs.  I know they have not all crashed.  🙂  I just wish I had a better idea of how and when it actually decideds to saves the .bak file.

Message 5 of 6
sroj
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I did try repairing.  I have not yet done the re-install.  I did a system restore on my computer but deleted the corrupted file before that so I cant test it to see if it is AutoCAD that wont open or my computer that was acting up.

Message 6 of 6
hgohel

Once you submit a crash report (CER) with an email address, you can either post it here, or open a support case with the data that causing C3D 2013 to crash and let the support personnel know the email address you used.  We can look up a crash report by email address and investigate the problem.  Thanks,

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report