Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Falling Grading

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Vasily_BC
336 Views, 6 Replies

Falling Grading

Hi,

Another day- another question...

What you guys do when you have falling grading?

I have simple feature line with no fancy in elevations.

Why fill is making such strange daylights?

Thank you for any suggestion.

1.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Citadel2012
in reply to: Vasily_BC

It looks like that inside curve is giving you some problems. Try telling the grading NOT to apply the whole length, and split it into 2 areas. Also, maybe add more P.I.'s or elevation points to the feature line to create more sampling in the grading. 

in reply to: Citadel2012

I did that curve to avoide it actually)
I'll do what you've suggested.

Thanks!
Message 4 of 7
Citadel2012

I think if you have two gradings on either side of the inside curb, with a decent amount of space between them (as to not create overlapping), you should be able to create a feature line connecting the ends of the two grading daylights and drop a grading infill in the middle. As long as the feature line that connects the daylights is in the same site.Capture.JPG

It worked but somehow gradining has a strange ending now.

Like it has limits on distance or so.

1.JPG

Message 6 of 7
Citadel2012

That last image looks like you're using a grade to surface based on grade or slope, and the grading daylight line overextends where you think it would be catching the surface. If you pull the grading back further, and use a feature line in the grading's site to connect the daylight features, you shouldn't run into those problems. I posted an image before with a sample of how you could do it. With that being said, if you choose to model the separation with a feature line and infill, you may want to check the grade down from your feature line to this "arbitrary" daylight, because it will not be a uniform slope/grade like the grading projection objects. 

Yes, I just run grade to surface with 2:1. Thanks for reply, I'll try what you've suggested.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report