Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to open FDO connection

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bf
Advocate
651 Views, 2 Replies

Failed to open FDO connection

using 2013 and attempting to connect to a DEM downloaded from LSU Atlas.  I get the "Failed to open FCO connection.  Could not open/read from file"  Any suggestions?  Am wanting to generate a watershed from the DEM surface.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
phil_borycens
in reply to: bf

I went to http://atlas.lsu.edu/dem24k/ and downloaded the Larto Lake South (USGS ID:....31091C8) DEM.

1st attempt: Data Connect in AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 -- no warnings or errors, but I couldn't see the image. Zoomed extents and Resampled Raster with still no results.

2nd attempt: Data Connect in AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 -- image came up

3rd attempt: Data Connect in AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 -- image came up

In all cases, the DEM's coordinate system (UTM27-15) was automatically applied to the new drawing.

So I'm not sure why the 1st attempt turned out the way it did, but I'd just try again if I were you.

(I never got a Failed to open FDO connection message).

You might also try right-clicking the shortcut to AutoCAD and Run As Administrator.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks 🙂

Phil Borycens
Message 3 of 3
bf
Advocate
in reply to: bf

Thanks for the reply.  I had always downloaded the DEM from the LIDAR button rather than the 1:24000 DEM.  I did connect to the data, but the task manager was ghosted and i couldn't generate any contours.  The size of the DEM is much smaller than the LIDAR one.  This would be useful to drape images over for display.  Thanks for the heads up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report