Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Coordinate Transformation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Kyle-Evans
2641 Views, 2 Replies

Failed Coordinate Transformation

Hey everyone, I seem to be having another perplexing issue here. This is running Civil 3D 2013 with SP2 installed.

When I try to mapimport or _mapimport a shapefile in LL-CSRS (Lat Long Canada Spacial Reference System) into NAD83 Zone 8 I get the error 2535 entities were skipped due to failed coordinate transfomations. 0 object(s) inserted in 1 sec(s)

But I made my own command for 2013 that uses "min" and runs the _mapimport command, and it will insert the shapefiles, but in the lat/long projection and place them spacially in the wrong location in my drawing. (which is weird because it uses the commands above that do not work)

I can open up Civil 3D 2011 and do the exact same steps, and it inserts the shapefiles 100% fine, so it is definintly related to something being borked in 2013. I have reproduced this on 3 different work machines, so it is not only confined to mine.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sboon
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

Natural Resources Canada apparently does not allow Autodesk to include the transformation data in the software installation package.  The same problem exists in 2012, 2013 and 2014 (probably in 2015 also.)  More information is available here.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 3
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: sboon

In essence, the link you posted did help me fix it, but it took a bit more digging around for me to do it...

It pointed me in the correct direction here, but did not give me the specific steps related to my issue. I followed those directions on that page, but did not realize that it was only for NAD 83 (which we did need) but in this case I needed the LL-CSRS section which I thankfully stumbled upon in that page of coord systems.

The LL-CSRS for Canada was completely blank, but as soon as I populated the NTv2 file in there as well, that fixed my problem.

Thanks for pointing me towards the correct direction!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report