Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting Profile Elevations

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
244 Views, 4 Replies

Extracting Profile Elevations

How do I take the profile for an alignment and make a surface out of it? I've got a 7 block reconstruction project, and have my profile nailed down, but I can't create my FG surface because I can't make a centerline breakline from my profile. I've seen the 3D chain display in the profile settings, but like all of these "intelligent" objects, you can't do much with them in terms of regular drafting. I figured the only way to do it was use the 2D display of the 3D chain and draw my own 3d polyline, but it doesn't even have endpoints. What do I do? -- Darron K. Agawa Civil Engineer Town of Windsor
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Darron, You have to create a template of your road and sample it along your new alignment applying specific design controls for sideslopes, ditches, etc. Then you have to create a 3D Grid and use this grid to create your new surface as AutoCAD entities/3D faces. "Darron Agawa" wrote in message news:400ee106$1_2@newsprd01... > How do I take the profile for an alignment and make a surface out of it? > > I've got a 7 block reconstruction project, and have my profile nailed down, > but I can't create my FG surface because I can't make a centerline breakline > from my profile. I've seen the 3D chain display in the profile settings, > but like all of these "intelligent" objects, you can't do much with them in > terms of regular drafting. > > I figured the only way to do it was use the 2D display of the 3D chain and > draw my own 3d polyline, but it doesn't even have endpoints. What do I do? > > -- > Darron K. Agawa > Civil Engineer > Town of Windsor > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Judging from your solution to my problem, it sounds like you're talking about Land Desktop and Civil Design. My problem (and this newsgroup) is for Civil 3D. Also, if you're looking for the LDT/CD newsgroup, go here: http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID=83 news://discussion.autodesk.com/autodesk.land-desktop Thanks for replying though. : ) -- Darron K. Agawa Civil Engineer Town of Windsor
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks Darron, I just logged on for the first time yesterday and really didn't take the time to browse through the different newsgroups. Good luck with your problem. I guess I need to repost my problem on the other page then. Take Care, Jeff P.S. Which state is Windsor in? "Darron Agawa" wrote in message news:400ee774$1_1@newsprd01... > Judging from your solution to my problem, it sounds like you're talking > about Land Desktop and Civil Design. My problem (and this newsgroup) is for > Civil 3D. Also, if you're looking for the LDT/CD newsgroup, go here: > > http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID=83 > news://discussion.autodesk.com/autodesk.land-desktop > > Thanks for replying though. : ) > > -- > Darron K. Agawa > Civil Engineer > Town of Windsor > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Jeff, Let me be the first to welcome you to the newsgroups! Windsor (pop. 14,025) is in Northern Colorado, just off of I-25. BTW, I think Civil 3D would make quick work out of your soccer field. You can define a ridge line as a feature, and grade out at a distance for any slope, and then daylight to a surface. Pretty cool. I guess the grading package is still not quite developed (considering I've crashed multiple times today running tutorials), but it will be extremely useful once they nail it down. Something to keep in mind in the future...(plug, plug) -- Darron K. Agawa Civil Engineer Town of Windsor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report