Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting polylines from a corridor

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1488 Views, 3 Replies

Extracting polylines from a corridor

I am trying to create a "proposed work" file that is a 2d file, basically a birds eye view of my corridor.  I have a corridor and I am trying to extract polylines from it.  I can get as far as extracting the lines and making them into polylines.  My problem is that the polylines are one line running the length of the corridor, then when I explode them they become very small line segments.  I would like a tangent line, followed by a curve, then a tangent, and so on (similar to how an alignment is broken up).

Can anyone help me with this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Guessing you may know that Corridors can't display curves so if on a curve, what you're trying to accomplish

might not be so easy.

Offsetting the alignment or alignments using a simple AutoCad OFFSET command may provide more desirable

polylines to create a 2d file.

Extra vertices in Polylines can be cleaned up by using the MAPCLEAN command.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
owenmull

I believe that C3D draws each feature line as straight lines between frequency lines. So thats why when you extract it, it is not a curve, just a polyline with a bunch of vertices. You may have to free hand the curve portions.

If these lines are to be used for 2D purposes only, why not simply offset the Alignment to either side however many offsets you need, and use those? That will generate a smooth linetype such as what you're seeking.

HTH

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

I'd agree with the comments about offsetting the alignment but you can use the vanilla AutoCAD JOin command to join all the line segments back together again quite easily......and this will be a 3D polyline

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report