Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Extracting a Feature Line from a Grading or Corridor

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bbostic
2333 Views, 1 Reply

Extracting a Feature Line from a Grading or Corridor

I have grading style set up to create a cut/fill boundary and the same thing for my corridor. I made surfaces from my grading and corridor and no longer need them. I need to keep the cut/fill lines for my design. How can I extract these lines from these objects? I tried keeping the grading/corridor on one layer and lines I wish to use on another so I can turn pieces of the grading off. However, it will not print the cut/fill boundary without printing all the feature lines created from a grading.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jay_B
in reply to: bbostic

The Daylight Boundary extraction from your corridor:

Select corridor_Contextual Ribbon_Launch Pad_Polyline from Corridor_select near daylight Rt (corridor boundary)

Repeat for left side.

Tip: These will be 3dpolylines. If you desire 2d go to to modify Tab_Design Panel_Convert 3d to 2d polylines.

As for the Surface boundaries (daylight of) they can be extracted by selecting the surface_Contextual Ribbon_Surface Tools_Extract Objects_Uncheck all listed objects except Boundary_OK.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report