Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracted feature lines from Custom Subassembly

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
conormccartney3897
1031 Views, 7 Replies

Extracted feature lines from Custom Subassembly

So simple little retaining wall subassembly created in the SAC. When i extract multiple feature lines from a corridor using this subassembly, all the feature lines assume the elevation of the first link i selected. So if i first click on 'RW_Hinge" all successive feature lines will show up with the same elevations as "RW_Hinge". if i erase all the feature lines the select a different link say "RW_Top" then they all go to "RW_Top". any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

I get tihs error when I attempt to import it.

1.PNG

Did you perchance use a "newer" subassembly composer?

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 8

Using SAC verstion 2.2.114.0, with C3D 2011.

Message 4 of 8

Strange.  i get that error both in 2011 and 2012.  Sorry, I can't help.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  Maybe I'll try re-installing the Composer.

Matt Kolberg
Message 5 of 8

So I tried your subassembly in a "different" version of Civil 3D and it works.  This corresponds with the error I get.  Do you have that "different" C3D version installed?

So I used this different version and I don't get the same problem as you.  Can you attach a DWG file and point out exactly what you're trying and what youre seeing as being a problem?

Matt Kolberg
Message 6 of 8
markmcguire3467
in reply to: mathewkol

I just did a retaining wall in SAC and I'm wondering if you made the walls truly vertical ? I did not, my walls have an ever slight slope such that the feature lines from the top and bottom are ever so offset. I did not know how to do a wall fault from SAC. is it possible you have two feature lines trying to occupy different elevations ? This isn't possible to my knowledge if they are in the same site... Mark.
Message 7 of 8

Matthew: im using C3D 2011 verstion E.208.N.0, Version 3, i attached the test drawing i was using.

Mark: hrmm i think your right i seems to be working fine when i extract from opposite sides of the corridor, although it wasnt previously. but yes my links are truly vertical. although it displays a little wierd when you look at teh corridor in isometric view, the links are not matching the points. /forehead slap problem solved is suppose.

Message 8 of 8

Well, you've got unique point codes for each point in the wall, so you should get unique feature lines from that.  I would suggest offsetting your top just slightly - something like 0.05 from the bottom (with the bottom being wider). 

I can say, when something is off in a subassembly, the errors I get don't necessarily make sense all of the time - like"oh, I missed a code or something"...  often times the errors are "what they hell?"

I tried to find a way to define a wall feature line in my subassembly and couldn't figure it out...  nobody will notice a 0.05 offset except you and it might alleviate the issue with little work... 

I don't have any other suggestions...

good luck - let me know how it all figures out...

you can see my 0.1' contours run up my wall well with my 0.05 offset at the top...  FWIW...

Mark.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report